Tuesday, January 22, 2013

That time I got a pity ultrasound...

Today, I got a pity ultrasound.

After a morning of taking tiny sips of water, and immediately throwing them up, all while entertaining a toddler from the floor of the bathroom, I had my follow up with my OB.  And was promptly sent back to the ER for more fluids.

Before I left, however, she looked at me with pity in her eyes and said those glorious words:  "I feel like if you're here this frequently, we should at least get a peek at the baby!"

I've never been so happy in my life to see the jumbo probe covers that accompany a 1st trimester ultrasound.  And there was my little bean!  Heartbeat of 120, bouncing around happily!  I'll post a picture tomorrow so we can do the whole Ramzi thing.  Other weird stuff:  this baby also came from my right ovary, just like Levi!

Then it was on to the ER...where the nurses recognized me, apologized for the giant bruise on my left arm, and promised to be kinder this time.

Another Alleluia: I am approved for home health care!  They're sending people to my house to give me IVs and a Zofran pump!  Hopefully this means I'll be back to (limited) work next week. She said I wouldn't be 100% (not that I expect that), but I should be 50% better than where I am.  A miracle, if you ask me.

My biggest fear now: sticking needles in myself.  No longer do I need a Xanax to get a shot, but I still do not LIKE needles, let alone sticking them into myself.  So pray for me for that!

2 comments:

  1. Mindi, i dont remember what state youre in, im in california, and if you can travel, long beach memorial hospital has an hg treatmenr, i didnt find out until a year after i had my levi. I have a friend i met while she still had hg, and it helped her a lot! If anything, have your dr contact them??? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind! I think there's a program at Northwestern here in Chicago, but fingers crossed that the pump works.

    ReplyDelete